Social Worker – Children and Young Adults 0-25 Disabilities Service
G9 – G10: £32,310 - £39,687 p.a. + £1250 market supplement p.a.
Join us as a Social Worker in the specialist Disabilities team of a Children’s Services division that’s undergone a highly successful transformation. Given the range of statutory and non-statutory work, there will be excellent opportunities to broaden your personal and professional development.
The Children and Young Adults (0-25), Disabilities Service (CYADS), merged with the Children with Disabilities Service and Transition Team in March 2016, forming a joint 0-25 service compliant with the Children and Families Act 2014, and the Care Act 2014.
Social Work at Harrow
Co-located with the Special Educational Needs (SEN), Service, Harrow’s Children and Young Adults 0-25 Disabilities Service is a strong team which supports children and young people ranging from those with moderate learning disabilities to severe or profound disability. In response to the massive changes in national policy and funding, the Children’s service as a whole has carried out a major piece of transformation work to ensure our team are well positioned to meet the challenges of the future. Opportunities and initiatives include three tier systemic family therapy training, independently facilitated team planning and development sessions and reflective practice sessions, coaching and mentoring with independent associate consultants.
Additionally, the 0-25 service supports:
• Disabled young adults 18 years and over who are on an Education and Health Care (EHC) plan will continue to be offered support until their 25th birthday.
• Those young disabled adults who do not have an EHC plan or it has ceased, the 0-25 Team will assess, complete support plan and initially review and then transfer the work to either the personalisation or long term team.
• Disabled young adults 18-25, subject to the adult eligibility criteria as set out in the Care Act 2014.
You will be an allocated Social Worker for Children and Young Adults 0-25 Disabilities Service, including Children Looked After, those in need of protection and those subject to court proceedings. This will give you responsibility for initial and core assessments, as well as planning, monitoring and reviewing activities/care packages. Crucially, you’ll be responsible for recommendations relating to care packages and reports to Children and Young Adults 0-25 Disabilities Service Panel. We want you to build excellent relationships with colleagues, partners, families, carers and children to ensure the best possible outcomes.
• You require a recognised professional Social Work qualification (e.g. CQSW or Dip SW, BSc., MA), together with a working knowledge of children and families social work.
• Your experience should have included casework responsibility for direct work with children and families within a statutory fieldwork setting(s). Experience in disabilities is advantageous.
• You need a proven record in user consultation and participation, focusing on the needs of children and young people.
Applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing Date: 27 March 2018
Interview Date: 06 April 2018
Apply online via the link below, or email your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack, quoting the relevant reference. Alternatively, please call 020 8424 1983, fax 0118 952 0108 or write to Harrow Recruitment Team, 8 Cholsey House, Moulsford Mews, Reading, Berkshire RG30 1AP. Please be aware that the closing time for an application is Midnight on the day of the closing date, unless otherwise stated.
An equal opportunities employer.
‘HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION’
Please see attached role profile
Role Profile/Selection Criteria