Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a child protection chair to join the Children and Family Services team. The post holder will act as a chair for children protection conferences and will report to the Quality Assurance Manager Vulnerable Children. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the development of high quality practice for child protection and safeguarding that meets national and locally set performance targets.
The post holder will undertake the chairing of complex inter-agency meetings in relation to child protection conferences, complex abuse investigations including allegations against professionals and carers strategy meetings. This will also include monitoring the quality of practice for child protection by way of scrutinising child protection plans, and to challenge practice which does not meet required national and local standards.
In addition, the post holder will aim to resolve issues of practice and planning in respect of children subject to child protection procedures with staff and managers and if unsuccessful, to make a representation to senior management.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
• A detailed knowledge of the Children Act 1989, 2004 and related regulations and guidance.
• Working Together to Safeguard Children, and related guidance
• Understanding of government Policies and priorities in relation to Children Services
• Considerable experience of complex child protection at work.
• Management/supervisory experience of child protection work
• Experience of managing performance, setting and monitoring standards and challenging poor performance.
• Understanding of quality assurance systems and experience of delivering quality assurance.
• Ability to undertake service and management investigations and review in line with HR policies and procedures
• Understanding of patterns of discrimination and inequality and methods of addressing them.
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
Child Protection Chair MG1
Closing date: 30 March 2018 (if you are seeing this advert after the closing date and are interested in seeking redeployment for this role then please contact Lena Patel on 02084263880)
Interviews: 06 April 2018
Click here to view our benefits
Role Profile/Selection Criteria