|| A number of positions have become available at Harrow Council for Youth Offending Practitioners within the Targeted Services and Early Intervention Team. In conjunction with other agencies the post holder will assist in the planning, development and delivery of services for young people who have offended or are at risk of offending. The post holder will take responsibility for the planning and delivery of individual programmes to prevent young people from becoming involved in crime and for those who have already offended, implementing these programmes with other youth offending team workers. The post holder will provide advice and consultation as appropriate to partner agencies on their work involving young people who have offended. The post holder will be committed to the development of best practice through partnership aiming to reduce youth crime and increase community safety.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong working knowledge of the Children Act, all Criminal Justice Acts, Crime and Disorder Act 1998 and National Standards. You will also have previous experience of working within a Youth Offending Team or with young people who are disadvantaged.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
• Knowledge of Court procedures and sentencing options
• Knowledge of the Children Act, all Criminal Justice Acts, Crime and Disorder Act 1998, National Standards and other relevant legislation and guidance7
• Experience of working within a Youth Offending Team or with young people who are disadvantaged
• Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to young people within the criminal justice system
• Experience of writing succinct reports for a wide range of audiences including court
• Experience of analysing complex information to assist in managing risk and vulnerability
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.