|| Job Title: Team Manager – Children in Need
Harrow is officially a “good” authority and we are seeking energetic and motivated individuals to join us on our journey to become outstanding.
Harrow has embraced innovative practice through the use of Pod model, reflective supervision to achieve effective service delivery for vulnerable children. We believe that by listening to our frontline social workers and providing good quality training opportunities this will lead to significant improved outcomes for children.
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Manager to join the Children in Need Service within Harrow Council. Applicants will be responsible for overseeing assessments for children in need of protection, children looked after and those subject to pre and court proceedings. As a Team Manager, you will provide supervision on a 1-1 basis for your 4 Pod Leaders who in turn, manage 4-5 social workers each. You will be overseeing complex social work assessments for children in need / child protection / children looked after and those subject to care proceedings through which you will ensure that the voice of children is routinely captured through the work of your team.
To be successful in this role you will be a strong leader with a passion for your team with the ability to guide and encourage them to fulfil the needs of every child/young person within their case load. Achieving good outcomes for children is at the heart of all we do.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• Social Work Qualification
• HCPC registered
• Working knowledge of all relevant legislation relating to children, young people and families
• Significant managerial experience of statutory local authority front line social work services, including children in need of care and protection services
• Working experience of delivering and / or managing a range of other children’s services, for example special needs, early years, targeted youth services
• Extensive partnership work within a statutory framework particularly multi-disciplinary and multi-agency work
• Experience of managing a team with the ability to motivate, develop your staff, team build and improve performance
• Ability to manage a budget
• Ability to form, develop and maintain effective partnership relationships
• Satisfactory enhanced DBS
• Recognised managerial qualification or willingness to undertake training to acquire qualification
• Willing to work unsocial hours
Salary MG1 £43,800 - £50,106 with a market supplement of £1500
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION.
Click here to view our benefits
Role Profile/Selection Criteria