|| Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
Harrow Council’s People Services, Children and Young People Service team is looking for a Team Leader to join their MASH team. The post holder will report to the Head of Service, Children’s Access and will be responsible for managing and supervising a team of Social Workers, Senior Practitioners and other social care staff, providing a service to children in need, including those in need of protection, children looked after, children subject to public care proceedings and, where directed by the court, children subject to private proceedings.
The post holder will manage the provision of a high quality, cost effective and efficient social work service to children and their families and will also ensure the delivery of the service is within agreed strategic, operational and financial priorities and that it is in accordance with statutory responsibilities, policies and procedures.
In addition the post holder will ensure that the key performance targets, as they apply to the team, are met.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
• Broad working knowledge of all relevant legislation relating to children, young people and families (including but not restricted to child care, homelessness, mental health, asylum and disability)
• Examples of best practice and evidence based interventions that improve outcomes for children, young people and their families.
• Range of universal, targeted and specialist services and associated thresholds operated by statutory and voluntary sector providers.
• Regulatory and inspection frameworks governing children’s services.
• Demonstrate working experience of delivering and/or managing a range of other children’s services, for example special needs, early years, targeted youth services etc.
• Experience of managing or contributing to the process of preparing for and participating in regulatory inspection(s) (e.g.: Ofsted or YJB)
Closing Date: 8th January 2018
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION