|| Social Worker/Senior Social Worker - Children in Need Team
£30,024 - £39,687 with a market supplement of £1500
Permanent, Full Time, 36 hours
Application deadline: 14-Jan-2018
The London Borough of Harrow has embraced innovative practice through the use of Pod model, reflective supervision and clinical input to achieve effective service delivery to vulnerable children. We believe by listening to our frontline social workers, providing good quality training opportunities will lead to significant improved outcomes for children.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Social Worker to join the Children in Need team within Harrow Council. Applicants will be responsible for completing assessments for children in need of protection, children looked after and those subject to public care proceedings. Your caseload will consist of a number of children and families that require support and your role will be to provide solutions to improve the wellbeing of all parties by undertaking complex social work assessment, formulating care plans and building relationships along the way.
The successful applicant should have a passion for helping vulnerable children and families. You will use your wealth of knowledge to implement the correct procedures to ensure the needs of all parties are met.
Skills and Experience:
• Recognised Social Work Qualification (Degree in Social Work, DipSW or CQSW)
• HCPC Registered
• Acceptable enhanced DBS
• Full UK driving license preferred
• Detailed knowledge of the Children’s Act 1989
• Detailed knowledge of the “Framework for the Assessment of Children and Their Families”
• Ability to undertake complex social work assessments
• Experience of formulation support, protection and care plans
• Ability to negotiate with colleagues and partner agencies to resolve difference of opinion
• Ability to build effective, long lasting relationships with a range of service providers both from statutory and voluntary agencies